Monday, September 1, 2014

Last Minute Trip to Leavenworth

Happy Labor Day! We were going to head out to a BBQ like most people do on this holiday, however the boys were having a really rough morning. Deciding to forego the misery of tantrums we opted to buckle them in the car and go on a spontaneous road trip. Funny enough we did still get a lot of tantrums and Ryan and I shared plenty of "Why aren't they sleeping?" looks in the car, but I think it's important to follow your gut and ours was telling us to hit the road. Ryan has never been to Leavenworth and we have been talking about going for awhile. I was barely old enough to remember when I went as a child. If you want more info about what Leavenworth is: http://www.leavenworth.org/

 We ate lunch at Leavenworth Sausage Garten. Ordered a bratwurst, kielbasa, beef frank for the boys and some German potato salad.
 
 Oh! and lemonade :)
 
 Pretty little view from the garten :)
 
Bought a couple goodies from the Bavarian Bakery and some ice cream at the next shop.
 


 Funny enough Taylor refused to ride in the stroller, but Sean really wanted to! Hey it's just nice to have to only chase after one child :)
We are planning on coming back during Oktoberfest or another festival, Christmas is beautiful I hear as well.  Cute little Bavarian themed town! A ton of amazing shops and restaurants. We couldn't stay that long today, but next time we'll plan a longer trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment